Monday, November 14, 2011

Internet!

The wireless internet is back down and so are SafariCom modems. Meaning no internet for me! Thankfully, one of my coworkers is letting me borrow his. I put airtime/data on it this morning. And although I was encouraged to get a safaricom modem when I got here instead of an orange modem because no one thought the Orange modem would work at my house, the Orange modem actually gets better reception at my house than it does in the department building. What a blessing from God! Therefore, I am considering buying one for myself. I intend to wait a few more days to see if SafariCom comes back, I don't want this to just be an impulse buy because I'm fed-up with SafariCom. An Orange Modem costs about $20, which is not real cheap for Kenya.

Okay, so for clarification: SafariCom and Orange are two major mobile/internet providers here in Kenya. The third is YU Mobile. I think I am going to start using them for international calls because they charge around a third of what Orange and SafariCom charge.

Anyway, please pray that the internet starts working again. Orange is more expensive per MB than SafariCom, but at least it works.

Hope all of you are doing well! Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment