Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Prayers and Praises

One of the most important things for a missionary is prayer and yet, I have not updated any of my prayer supporters in over a month. If "Seven days without prayer makes one weak", I must be close to death.

Anyway, this post is focused on just that, PRAYER!

Praises
  • I have my work permit and soon will be registered as an ALIEN (No, I do not have antenna!)
  • I am getting along very well with my friends in Kenya
  • God has kept me healthy!
  • I have been able to meet missionaries from northern Kenya

Requests
  • Continued health. Strep throat has been going around the area.
  • Continued prayer  for the knee evaluation. The program still has not started. Each time we get over one hurdle another takes its place. This is quite frustrating and my boss in the States has even threaten to can it altogether. Please pray for wisdom and patience! (Current hurdle: administrative finances for testing centers and national healthcare worker strike)
  • I have been offered to stay in Kenya for a second year. Please pray for wisdom about this opportunity. If I stay I would need to be able to raise the support for a second year. Also, my US insurance runs out this year so I also have to consider how to handle this. 
          I would love to stay. My work here is so fulfilling and I can see Christ working.
  • Please pray for relationships. 
  • Please pray for a friend of mine (Tiffany) in the Praise and Worship team. She has been suffering from stomach pain. Please pray that she would have the courage to get it checked out and that God would heal her body.
  • The national healthcare workers (Nurses, Orthopedic Technologists, anesthesiologists, etc)  have been on strike since March 1st. Please pray that this will be resolved quickly! Not only does it cause delays in my work, but more importantly, it causes the patients (or potential patients) to suffer. People in urgent need of medical care are being turned away from public hospitals and those who are in the hospitals are left to fend for themselves. 
  • Please pray for the coming elections in Kenya. This will be the first presidential election since 2007 when there was so much post-election violence. Pray for peace!
  • My parents have considered coming over to see me in Kenya. Please pray that God's Will be done!
Thank you so much for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment