Monday, March 5, 2012

A week in the Life!

In and effort to update more regularly, I decided to write about last week.

Monday night I went up the hill to Bible Study at RVA. We are studying1 Corinthians. This is definitely an enjoyable time of the week. I get to talk to other missionaries/people who understand my accent (and I understand theirs).

Tuesday, I went to a meeting in Nairobi alone for the first time. I have been in Kenya for 5 months now
(and been to Nairobi almost once a week every week) so I should be able to navigate around Nairobi by myself. Yes, this was a new experience for me but God took care of me. I did go the wrong direction twice. However, God was there. The first time I got lost, I ran into a lady who happened to be going right by where I was trying to get to. The second time, there was a security guard to direct me. Also, the second time when I turned the wrong direction I was in site of my destination and still turned the wrong way. SILLY ME!
In the evening, I went to praise and worship team rehearsal. 

Wednesday, I decided to work from home instead of going into the workshop. I had a lot of computer work to do and need peace and quiet to concentrate. I got about half the work done, but it was still more than I could have done if I had been around all the machines and co-workers.

Thursday, I went to another meeting in Nairobi. In addition to the meeting, my coworker needed to run some errands. Therefore, the two of us went running around Nairobi (on foot) to find what he needed. Man! my feet hurt that night!

Friday, I was back at the workshop. I basically spent the day responding to emails and helping out my co-workers. I thought there was a meeting that night, but when no one showed after a half hour, I went home.

I have started taking Swahili lessons on Friday nights. This is usually my only free night (other than weekends) and I thought, "Since I'm in Kenya, why not learn Swahili from a Kenyan?"

Last Friday night I got to speak to my family on Skype. In total, I spent 3.5 hours talking to them (2 hours of that was with my brother!). I really enjoyed it!

Saturday, I rested. Sleep is wonderful!

Sunday, after church, I went with a friend of mine to Nairobi to meet some Master's Mission Missionaries. Although, we only had 2 hours with them, I enjoyed myself immensely. I got to talk with some of the wives about life in Kenya.

So that is a week in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment