Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Two praises and a Prayer

My last update had some pretty serious prayer requests. I wanted to update you on how God is working in these situations. First, Mary's Father is being discharged from the hospital! However, the hospital bill is over $1,500! For a family whose income has been $50-$100 a month, this bill is HUGE! Also, the hospital will not allow him to go home until the bill is paid. His entire body is still very weak and he has paralysis in his left arm and leg, so he will be confined to a wheelchair for now. PLEASE PRAY that the father, David, will return to full health so he can adequately care for his family. My second praise is more important and exciting than the first! David accepted CHRIST as his PERSONAL SAVIOR! Praise the Lord! Mary called me and asked me to come visit her father in the hospital. When I got there, the family was gathered around the bed with a doctor and two church elders. I was able to witness David turning his life over to the Lord! Mary thought I should be there as part of the family and I felt very honored to be invited!

I would also appreciate it if you could PRAY for Mary. She has epilepsy and had 3 seizures on Monday night. She bit her lip to such an extent that she had to go to the hospital for treatment. I think, though I am not a medical person, that the stress of having her father in the hospital with a debilitating injury, the financial strain it has put on the family, and the stress of caring for her mother, brother, sisters, and daughters alone, are contributing to the frequency of these attacks. She has been having seizures more and more frequently since her father was injured. When I saw her last Saturday, her lip was already pretty cut up and she told me she had had a couple of seizures that week.

PLEASE keep this entire family in your prayers! Mary lives with her two daughters in a single rented room and one bed, which means every time she has a seizure her children have to witness their mother go through it. Also, while David is stable now, he has a long road ahead of him towards recovery. None but God knows if he will ever be able to walk again!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment