Sunday, September 18, 2011

Prayer and Praise

My work here in Kenya would not be possible without your prayers and support. The following are praises for things God has done and requests for things He is still working on. 

Praises
·       My computer is mostly working again.  (just the speakers don't work) The IT person at CURE wiped it and installed Windows 7 on it.
·        I’m settling into Kijabe.
·        Getting to know people
·        God is good!
·       I survived the hectic last week
·    I got an Internet modem on Monday!
·    I got a 4 hour Swahili lesson from Victor and Peter.



Requests
·      My Computer That my computer speakers start working again. That I get all the necessary programs put back on it.
·        Adjustment to life and the culture in Kenya
·        Productivity – I want to make the most of my time here in Kenya
·        Understanding – I am struggling to understand those around me through their accents and I've made a few mistakes
·        Culture shock – There are four stages I have to work through, the first two being the honeymoon stage and the hostility stage.
·        My Health I haven't been feeling well the last few days. I think I have a cold and as a result my ears hurt.
·        My mental faculties – That I will remember what I need to buy, where to buy it, and when.
·        A good nights rest so I will get over my illness quickly. 
·        Spiritual growth
·        That I will make good friends quickly! 
·    That I will catch on and learn Swahili quickly.

Thank you so much for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment