Sunday, August 5, 2012

I'm goin' on an adventure and I don't know whats in store...

View of part of the road
Today, I left comfortable (and cold) Kijabe and headed north toward Loiyangalani. While I had originally planned to leave in the middle to end of next week, but that all changed when we ran into trouble with finding a ride for the last leg of the trip. Therefore, the trip was moved up to Sunday (today). This gave me less than 36 hours to prepare and pack.

So 6am this morning, I was heading out of my house and up the hill to catch a matatu to places unknown with Benjamin. Benjamin is coordinating all the transportation so I don't know the specifics of the route we are taking. This takes a lot of effort on my part because as many of you know, I am a planner. I figure out all the details before I leave and review the plan multiple times.

Anyway, God blessed us with a matatu heading for Nyahururu immediately after being dropped off on the main highway road by the taxi that took us up the hill. Because of the multiple stops to drop-off and pick-up passengers, we did not reach Nyahururu until after 10am. We then had to find a bus headed to Maralal. Benji found one but it didn't end up leaving until after 3pm.

We are now in Maralal and tomorrow we plan to try and get a ride to Loiyangalani.

Your prayers are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment